Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Greater Victoria Public Library are a group of enthusiastic people of all ages interested in volunteering their time, energy and ideas in support of the Greater Victoria Public Library.
What Do The Friends Do?
As Friends We ...
- Share our talents as volunteers.
- Promote the Library and support the CEO and staff.
- Raise funds to enhance library materials and programs.
- Provide the Library with tender loving care.
How Can You Help?
Join the Friends and show your support for the Greater Victoria Public Library.
- Volunteer at our book sales.
- Volunteer at the Friendshop.
- Volunteer as a Visiting Library Service driver to provide delivery service for those unable to come to the Library due to illness or physical disability.
- Join the Friends Board of Directors.
- Contribute to our newsletter.
Contact the Friends of the Greater Victoria Public Library
By Snail Mail at:
Friends of the Greater Victoria Public Library
735 Broughton Street,
Pick up a brochure and application form at any Greater Victoria Public Library branch.
The value you can provide as a volunteer cannot be overstated! Friends of the Library provide active support through voluntary participation in book sales, outreach services, fund-raising efforts, and operation of the Central Library's Friendshop.
For additional information on any of our programs, please call the Administration Office at (250) 384-5222.