Terms of Reference - Finance Committee
The Finance Committee
- Determines the budget process and timeline
- Prepares the draft budget for the Board
- Audits the Library’s programs and its financial performance
- Reviews all proposals with significant financial implications
- Serves as the audit committee which hires and receives the reports of the auditors and recommends any changes proposed
- Oversees the financial control of the library
- Recommends the five-year financial forecast
- Conducts a review of the core budget in the last year of the Library
- Operating Agreement
The Board Chair and Vice-Chair will choose the Chair of the committee and its members. At the first meeting, the committee will select a Vice-chair.
The committee will normally meet at least four times a year.
|Approved by the Greater Victoria Public Library Board:||January 11, 2005|
|Reviewed by the Policy & Program Development Committee:|
|Amended by the Greater Victoria Public Library Board:||October 31, 2006