The Friends of the Greater Victoria Public Library are a group of enthusiastic people of all ages interested in volunteering their time, energy and ideas in support of the Greater Victoria Public Library.
By Snail Mail at:
Friends of the Greater Victoria Public Library
735 Broughton Street,
Pick up a brochure and application form at any Greater Victoria Public Library branch.
What Do The Friends Do?
As Friends We …
- Share our talents as volunteers.
- Promote the Library and support the CEO and staff.
- Raise funds to enhance library materials and programs.
- Provide the Library with tender loving care.
How Can You Help?
Join the Friends and show your support for the Greater Victoria Public Library.
- Volunteer at our book sales.
- Volunteer at the Friendshop.
- Volunteer as a Visiting Library Service driver to provide delivery service for those unable to come to the Library due to illness or physical disability.
- Join the Friends Board of Directors.
- Contribute to our newsletter.
The value you can provide as a volunteer cannot be overstated! Friends of the Library provide active support through voluntary participation in book sales, outreach services, fund-raising efforts, and operation of the Central Library’s Friendshop.
For additional information regarding the Friends of the Library or becoming a member, please call the Communications & Development department at (250) 940-4875 ext. 345.