Suggest a Program
We welcome program proposals and suggestions.
Please note: planning occurs several months in advance. Deadlines for program proposal forms:
- July 31 (for December-February programming)
- October 31 (for March-May programming)
- December 31 (for June-August programming)
- April 30 (September-November programming)
Program Proposal form (Proposals from authors, presenters and performers). Please be aware that completing this form is not a guarantee that your program will be selected.
Share Your Program Idea (Suggestions from the public). All suggestions will be read and considered by a staff member. Due to the volume of suggestions, we are not able to reply to your suggestion.
To see what we are currently offering, view our online program calendar for program listings.
1. How are programs selected?
Programs are first vetted by a program coordinator and reviewed by one of our programming committees.
2. What are your criteria for selection?
Community interest, presenter quality and reputation, fits within GVPL’s Strategic Plan, budget, associated with a community partnership.
3. I’ve forgotten what suggestions I submitted. Can I find out what I have already suggested?
Due to the volume of suggestions, we are not able to provide a record of your previous suggestions. Please keep a copy of your suggestions.