The library’s collection belongs to everyone. Please return borrowed materials promptly so others may enjoy them. Most materials may be returned to any branch, with book chutes available for after-hours returns. For more information, please see GVPL’s Circulation Policy.
Loan Periods & Limits
- You can borrow up to 60 items per card with limits on some materials as outlined below.
- You can place up to 60 holds per card.
- You cannot renew items with holds on them.
- You cannot renew magazines, Fastreads, Fastviews (DVD/Blu-Rays), Fastplays (Video Games) Book Club sets or Books to Go.
- Interlibrary loans may be borrowed for two or three weeks depending on the lending institution and availability.
- Additional charges will apply for lost or missing materials.
- 24 hours a day at www.gvpl.ca
- 24 hours a day by calling Customer Service at 250-940-GVPL (4875). Press 2 to ‘renew your materials and check your account’.
- in person at any GVPL branch if the item is due that day you must renew before 9:00pm to avoid overdue charges.
Please note: if the item is due that day you must renew before 9:00pm to avoid overdue charges.
’Privilege expired’ indicates that your library card needs to be renewed.
Overdue materials & late charges
If you forget to return an item by the due date, you will be charged a daily overdue fee up to a maximum amount.
When charges accumulate to $20 or more, you will not be allowed to borrow any more materials until the outstanding amount is paid. Unpaid charges of $25 or more may be sent to a collection agency. There is a $20 charge for cheques returned NSF. Additional charges apply for lost or missing materials.