Who is entitled to BC OneCard service?
Any BC resident who can show a valid public library card. For more infomration visit the BC OneCard website.
How do I get BC OneCard at GVPL?
Show a public library card issued by your home library. (The library from which your are entitled to a library card by virtue of your residency.)
Meet GVPL ID requirements.
If you are a BC resident living in an area that does not pay taxes for library service you will need to pay a non-resident fee and acquire a library card at your home library.
What if I don’t have my home library card with me?
You need it to sign up for a BC OneCard, so don’t leave home without it.
Where can I use my BC OneCard?
You can register to use your BC OneCard at any public library in the province. (At each library, as part of the registration process, you'll need to show current ID with proof of your contact information.)
What can I use my BC OneCard for at GVPL?
- You can borrow 5 books or 5 CDs.
- You can borrow 5 Talking Books (only for registered print disabled customers).
- You can borrow these books for 21 days.
- You can renew books twice as long as there are no holds on items.
- You can access the Internet.
- You can use your personalized My Library Account features.
- You can use our eResources (with the exception of our ebooks/eaudiobooks and Freegal)
- BC OneCard holders may not place holds.
- BC OneCard holders may not place Interlibrary Loan requests.
The expiry data on BC OneCards issued at GVPL is one year from the date of issue.
Materials may be returned to any BC public library.
Late return charges, loss or damage and other fees
- Regular GVPL late return charges will be payable for overdue items.
- BC OneCard users are responsible for any late return charges, loss or damage or other fees incurred.
What if I need services and materials that a specific public library does not allow me to use?
If you want more than the library offers BC OneCard customers, you may obtain a full service GVPL card by paying a non-resident fee.
Where do I return materials that I’ve borrowed?
You can return them to the library you borrowed them from, or to any participating BC OneCard library in the province – including your own library when you get home.
Where do I pay late return charges on books I borrow from GVPL?
- Late return charges are payable at any GVPL location.
- Other libraries are unable to take payment for charges that accumulate on items borrowed from GVPL.