If we have your e-mail address, we can provide you with helpful notification reminders by e-mail. If there is no e-mail address in your library account, you will receive automated phone calls.
You will receive an email when your hold becomes available. (You will be told the last day it will be held for you. It will be held until the local closing time on that day.)
Due Date (Courtesy) Notifications
You will receive a Courtesy Notice email prior to your materials being due. Please note: not receiving a Courtesy Notice does not exempt fines from being applied to your account.
- 1 day before your 7-day loans are due
- 2 days before your 14- and 21-day loans are due
Please note: due date notifications will not be sent out for Fastviews and Fastplays
- 2 days, 5 days and 15 days after a DVD, Video, Fast Read, Fast View or Book Club Set is due;
- 7 days, 21 days and 30 days after a 21-day item is due;
- 45 days after an item is due a bill for full replacement cost will be sent out. The Library does not accept donations of materials in lieu of fines or replacement costs.
Unpaid charges of $25.00 or more will result in referral to a collection agency.
Our email notifications are sent from: email@example.com. If you set filters in your email system to high security our e-mail address may appear as “spam”. To fix this, try entering gvpl.ca as a domain you're willing to accept e-mail from. See Account Preferences for details on how to manage your account and keep your email address up to date.