- Book Club Sets
- Climate Action To-Go Kits
- Collections for the Print Disabled
- Cultural & Recreational Passes
- DVD & Blu-ray
- Emerging Local Authors
- Kids’ Books To Go
- Local History
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Microfilm & Microfiche
- New Arrivals & Recently Ordered
- Puppets to Go
- Readers to Go
- Skill Builders Adaptive Toys
- Staff Picks to Go
- Stories to Go
- StoryWalk® Collection
- Video Games
- World Languages
Skill Builders Adaptive Toys
Fun toys, specially selected for kids with developmental and physical challenges, great for all families!
Skill Builders Feedback – We’re interested in hearing your feedback about Skill Builder Adaptive Toy boxes.
- is a plastic tote with 3-5 toys, a fidget, and a book/CD
- contains an information and ideas sheet on how to use the toys and resources if their child has developmental issues
- is light enough to carry easily
- can be borrowed for 3 weeks on an adult card and can be picked up and returned to any branch
Boxes come in three sizes. The smallest size is the same as our Stories to Go Boxes.
To find a specific toy and to see which kit is in, search the toy’s name in the catalogue & use search limiters on the left side to select “kit.”
For information on borrowing, loan periods and overdues, see Loan Periods & Limits.
Search our catalogue for books, ebooks and audiobooks on related topics and use keywords such as Autism, Child Development, Children with Disabilities, or Best Behavior Series.
This collection was made possible by a grant from the Victoria Foundation.
Playing together helps kids develop essential skills:
- Sensory (auditory, visual, tactile)
- Use your hands (fine motor)
- Use your body (gross motor)
- Language (communication)
- Cause and effect (cognitive, hand-eye coordination)
This collection provides families of children who have cognitive, physical, sensory, or communicative challenges with the opportunity to borrow appropriate toys. Every child deserves to play and have fun!
- Manufacturer’s Warning: Choking hazard – Small parts. Not for children under 3 years
- For your child’s safety, toys should be used under adult supervision
- All toys meet safety standards required for distribution in Canada