- Book Club Sets
- Climate Action To-Go Kits
- Collections for the Print Disabled
- Cultural & Recreational Passes
- DVD & Blu-ray
- Emerging Local Authors
- Kids’ Books To Go
- Local History
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Microfilm & Microfiche
- New Arrivals & Recently Ordered
- Puppets to Go
- Readers to Go
- Skill Builders Adaptive Toys
- Staff Picks to Go
- Stories to Go
- StoryWalk® Collection
- Video Games
- World Languages
GVPL is lending Nexus 7 Tablets so you can explore the library’s extensive digital collections, including ebooks, downloadable and streaming audiobooks, movies, television shows, music and magazines.
- One Nexus 7 tablet per customer with a valid adult library card.
- The loan period is 14 days if there are holds, 21 days if there are no holds.
- $5 per day fine for overdues
- $315 will be assessed for lost or damaged tablets (all contents of each tablet kit must be returned together). Separate recovery costs for loss or damage to the USB cable and/or adaptor will be $35, and for loss or damage to the tablet case, $15.
PLEASE NOTE: Nexus 7 tablets can only be checked out and returned via the Cards/Accounts Desk during open hours. To prevent damage, DO NOT return tablets through the library return slot.
Why we chose the Nexus 7… As our digital offerings expand beyond eBooks, we are pleased to lend tablets to make it easier for people to explore the library’s digital collections. Ease of use and low price make the Nexus 7 a great choice for GVPL’s tablet lending service.
How to find/search the Nexus 7 tablet in the catalogue… To search for the Nexus 7 tablets, go to the catalogue and enter “Nexus 7” in the keyword search box. Click search. Select the title that says “Nexus 7 Tablet” from the list.
Find out how the Nexus 7 works… The tablets come with an instruction sheet.
How to find GVPL’s digital collections… You can find GVPL’s digital collections on the eBooks & More page. Most digital items can be found in the catalogue, just like the physical book and media collections.
How to use GVPL’s digital collections on the Nexus 7 tablet… You can search, borrow and download GVPL’s digital content right on the Nexus 7! You will need Internet and WiFi access. Once the content is downloaded, you can read, listen and watch offline. If you do not have the Internet or WiFi access at home, you can use the library’s public WiFi to access and download content. Visit the eBooks & More page for information about each collection, including FAQs and Help. If you need more help, stop by your local library for quick and basic in branch assistance. For more in depth assistance, you can register for a 30 minute 1-on-1: Getting Started with Computers & eReaders session. You can also use the online form based assistance via the Ask/Suggest form.